As far as publicity is concerned, the National Coordination Authority fulfils tasks associated with general awareness and promotion of the economic and social cohesion policy, and ensures planning, implementation and coordination of activities to promote general awareness. The NCA also ensures a consistent and comprehensive information campaign about drawing funds from the Structural Funds and the Cohesion Fund in the Czech Republic and coordinates activities of managing authorities in this area.
The main activities include:
To ensure general awareness about EU funds, the National Coordination Authority uses for example these tools:
- creating communication strategy at the national level to ensure transparency and full awareness about granting aid from the investment and structural funds;
- ensuring a transparent and uniform system of informing the public and representatives of public administration about the possibilities of drawing from EU funds;
- coordinating activities to support general awareness of managing authorities in the area of publicity;
- creation and fulfilment of the communication plan of the National Strategic Reference Framework (2007–2013) and the Partnership Agreement (2014–2020);
- managing the Task Force for awareness and publicity of EU funds, which includes representatives of managing authorities of operational programmes and the ministry.
- website www.dotaceEU.cz (www.strukturalni-fondy.cz) – the official information source of the MoRD about the economic and social cohesion policy in the CR;
- email email@example.com, where the public can send their questions related to EU funds (firstname.lastname@example.org for the media);
- in cooperation with the Office of the Government of the CR, the NCA-MoRD ensures operation of a toll-free helpline about the EU Eurofon 800 200 200, where you can direct your telephone inquiries related to EU funds on working days between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. You can arrange an appointment in Euro centres of the Office of the Government, consult your queries related to EU funds and obtain printed materials;
- In order to increase awareness of the public about EU funds and possibilities to obtain subsidies in individual operational programmes, the NCA-MoRD also created media campaigns, press releases, issues and distributes information materials about EU funds and about the state of drawing, etc.